Saturday, March 23, 2013

It's working

Build it and they will come ~ Bull Durham

The movement has begun and just like a freight train when it leaves the station someone pulls a small block from in front of the wheels and the big heavy train starts moving.  The train moves very slowly at first but with each revolution of the wheels the speed seems to double until soon the train is moving at full speed. It takes almost as long and more energy to stop a train at full speed than it takes to get it moving.
The point to this illustration is show that once a movement has begun you don't want to stop it but more importantly if you were going to catch the train it's much easier to do it in the beginning than it is when it's at full speed.
I started by making a weekly practice at being kind, spreading kindness,and doing good deeds just on Facebook. Then with blogging, then with Twitter, and Google+, then with a podcast.  At first only on the weekends, then talking about kindness, during the week then, doing good deeds and spreading kindness during the week, until now I'm talking about it and doing something about kindness daily it has become a part of my life and a part of me. At first I could see the happiness and joy that I was bringing to to the people around me.  I could see the differences that I was making in those lives and that was fun, exciting and addictive. The more I spread kindness the more I want to spread it and just like last weeks post the more I look for kindness the more I find.
I have taken notice of kindness just recently on a much larger scale but more amazingly then finding it on my own it's been shared with me by different and sometimes unexpected people. I don't think that I directly inspired the kindnesses that they shared but I do think that just by having the thoughts, feeling and intentions out into the universe that other AMAZING people picked up on the energy and vibration. Those people do and think of AWESOME things and ways to inspire and spread kindness. More importantly I'm surprised by some of the people who shared these links with me it lets me know that kindness is on their radar!
I can now see, hear and feel kindness a little more every day where ever I go this makes me happy and lets me know that it's working! Here are some of the links to kindness that were shared with me this week I know you will enjoy them!
One girl,89 random acts of kindness
Pink stops concert for crying girl!
This one shared by my 15 yr old son call a good guy compilation
Enjoy the links and as always thank you for reading and remember we are not here for a long time we are here for a good time so be kind to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment